Fasting is something I really don’t do, and is something I know very little about beyond the abstaining from eating food. It’s the spiritual importance and proper practice of it within that context that I am most unsure about. I know there are probably many resources out there on this topic, but wanted to see if any of you readers are willing to give me your feedback and thoughts on this. You don’t need to answer all of these questions if you choose to comment, but here are some questions I have to help guide your response:
- Why is fasting beneficial?
- What does proper fasting look like in practice?
- What is unique about fasting vs. other spiritual disciplines?
- What motivates you to fast?
- Do you abstain from more than just food?
- How often do you think we should fast?